An interesting question. What do I have to have to be attractive? Being attractive is often equated with being physically beautiful. Other claimants could be money, power, fame... But there have been and are those who are not so but attract masses. What's their weapon?
There is a prayer in Arabic which translates to "O God, you have created me beautiful, so make my character also beautiful." When I was a kid I was taught to remember this prayer while looking into a mirror. I did. But little did I realize its relevance then. As time flew and the world around me unfolded, I knew I have been praying for the right weapon.
Then what is character in this context? Dictionary tells me it is a set of qualities or attributes that defines a person. These attributes include but are not limited to one's physical appearance. What are other more important attributes of one's character then? Well, you know better (or at least find out). I'm relieved that what makes me beautiful is not just my appearance. That prayer has always reminded me that I'm already beautiful; and what I need to beautify more goes beyond what meets the eye. Almost.

No comments:
Post a Comment