Tuesday, May 16, 2006

k.k..k...Kiran

Kiran, my friend from MCA class, got married on 11th May 2006. He was a cool dude. Loosing him was a great shock.

The celebrations started from my side when I left the office on 10th May eve to catch a flight for Ahmedabad. Once in air, I worked out a strategy on how to best spend the two-days leave from office. Came Ahmedabad and I was joined by two more cool dudes coming from Baroda; Alpesh and Munaf, again from MCA class. We started for Mehsana, where Kiran's sacrifice ceremony was to be held.

It was 12.30 am when we reached the destination. The dandiya-raas was in full swing. But the traveling was so tiring that we decided not to venture into the celebrations and refrain from giving a drunken impression. In anticipation of the fun-filled-day that would follow, we slept.

We were ready to enjoy the day to its fullest. Dance, pranks, food, masti; so much was on the menu. Excited, we got out of the house and oops, the temperature was already near 30 dc at 8 am! Refusing to give up, we set to go with the baraat. It was 10 am and above 30 dc when we reached. The worst was yet to come.

With every passing minute, the Sun shined with full glory, showering approx 40 dc in the middle of the day. And guess what happenned to our plans. Long marriage rituals, sweating heat and gulping down of cold drinks took most out of us. Shikaari khud shikaar ho gaye!

Not to mention that Kiran was not feeling any heat. We wished him a cool life ahead and left for Ahmedabad and then to Anand and then to Bilimora, ah, sweet home. South Gujarat is way cooler than North Gujarat. But still, as I neared home, for the benefit of all, I decided not to get married in summer.  Almost.

No comments: