Today is the 11th day me being powerless. No I am not talking about some magical powers (which I already have), but about one of the most powerful powers - electricity. You may think why on earth I would endure the power-cut for so many days. Well, we didn't pay the e-bill on time! And after that we (including my roommates) were not in a hurry to get our fuse back. Hence 11 dark days (nights, to be specific).
But I am not going to list down the miseries one goes through while being in powerless mode. Rather, I would like to throw some light on the advantages of living in dark era, for a change (well, that's +Allu). Morning - no need to wait for hot water; no more admiring myself in front of the mirror, placed strategically on the wall opposite to the tube light; no need to keep changing the radio channels to get to one good song to freshen up the morning; Noon - no fan, no sleep, leading to a good night's sleep; Night - no bedtime stories; no catching up with the world by going through the news; no excuse to get up late the next morning.
Change is the only constant. We have to get back to the bright era. But we are thinking of prolonging the transition for few more days. Reason? Independence Day dawning after few days. And we think that's the perfect time (and spirit) to enter the light from the darkness. So here's the time: 15th August 2006, 00:00 am. Let there be light. Almost.

No comments:
Post a Comment